Watching your favorite TV shows, movies, and live sports on the go has never been easier thanks to GTPL remote mobile apps. GTPL offers dedicated apps for Android and iOS devices that allow you to seamlessly control your GTPL set-top box using your smartphone or tablet.
With just a few taps, you can browse channels, view the program guide, record shows, and access GTPL’s vast library of on-demand content. The apps provide an intuitive way to manage your GTPL experience remotely without being tied to the traditional remote control.
In this guide, we’ll walk you through everything you need to know to start using your GTPL set-top box with the mobile apps on your Android or iOS devices.
Downloading and Setting Up the GTPL Remote App
The first step is to download the GTPL remote app on your mobile device. GTPL offers separate apps for Android and iOS.
- Select your GTPL operator from the list.
- Enter your GTPL account number and verify the set-top box ID shown on your TV screen.
- Allow notifications if you want to receive alerts about upcoming shows and recordings.
After linking your mobile device to your GTPL account, you’ll be able to access all remote control functions from anywhere.
The app will automatically detect and connect to your home Wi-Fi network to communicate with your set-top box.
Navigating Channels and TV Guide
The centerpiece of the GTPL remote app is the virtual channel pad that mimics your physical remote.
Tap the triangle-shaped button to start flipping through channels. You can also tap the channel numbers directly to jump to specific channels.
For a more visual TV-watching experience, tap the “Guide” tab. This shows a live TV grid guide where you can scroll through channels and see what’s on now and later.
Tap any show tile to instantly tune to that channel or tap “More Info” to view a detailed description and recording options.
The app makes it effortless to find your favorite channels and shows. And you can quickly return to the last channel or your preset favorites using the dedicated buttons across the bottom.
Recording and Watching Shows
With GTPL apps, you have full DVR control over your fingertips. Finding and setting recordings is easier than ever.
When browsing the TV guide, simply tap the record icon on any show tile to schedule a recording. You’ll then see a red dot indicator letting you know it’s set to record.
To view your recordings and on-demand library, tap the “On Demand” tab. Here you can browse, play, and manage all your DVR recordings, Zee5 content, and other on-demand offerings from GTPL. Tap any title to start watching on your TV.
The apps also allow you to schedule, edit, and delete recordings right from your phone. It’s the easiest way to manage your DVR queue no matter where you are.
Enabling Parental Controls
GTPL apps provide robust parental control options to block channels and TV shows based on content ratings and age restrictions.
Under “Settings”, tap “Parental Controls” to enable restrictions. Here you can:
- Create parental locks with a custom 4-digit PIN.
- Block individual channels.
- Restrict shows by rating.
- Hide adult titles from the on-demand menu.
With these controls in place, you can filter content and prevent kids from accessing inappropriate shows.
Enable parental controls for extra peace of mind when your family watches GTPL.
Customizing Favorites and Reminders
For quicker channel surfing, you can customize your “Favorites” list in the GTPL app. Add the channels you watch most often and reorder them as needed.
You can also set reminders for upcoming shows so you never miss the latest episode of your favorite series.
Browse the TV guide, tap a show, and then tap “Remind” to schedule a notification 15 minutes before it starts. The app will alert you right on your phone.
Tailor the experience around your viewing preferences to get the most out of GTPL.
With high-speed GTPL internet, you can stream shows smoothly and use convenient features like setting reminders and scheduling recordings on the go.
Enjoying GTPL Features on Mobile Devices
The GTPL remote apps unlock a world of entertainment by putting all your GTPL features at your fingertips:
- Browse 700+ channels – Flip through all your favorite GTPL channels directly from your mobile device.
- View TV guide – Check what’s on now and what’s coming up without having to scroll through channels.
- Record shows – Schedule recordings no matter where you are so you never miss must-see TV.
- Watch recordings and on-demand – Access your entire DVR library plus tons of on-demand movies, shows, and documentaries.
- Enable parental controls – Manage viewing restrictions for kids right from your phone.
- Customize favorites and reminders – Tailor your GTPL experience around the channels and shows you love.
- Watch on the go – Enjoy your home GTPL service from anywhere with the convenience of mobile.
Cut the cord between your cable box and clunky remote by downloading the GTPL app for mobile. Controlling your GTPL set-top box has never been more intuitive.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What Devices are Supported for the GTPL Remote App?
The GTPL remote app is available for Android phones and tablets running 4.4 and higher. It also supports iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch models running iOS 9.0 or later.
2. Do I Need to be Connected to Wi-Fi for the GTPL App to Work Properly?
Yes, your mobile device needs to be on the same home Wi-Fi network as your GTPL set-top box.
The app communicates with your home TV service over the local network. Without Wi-Fi, you won’t be able to connect.
3. Can I Watch Live TV Channels from the GTPL App?
Unfortunately, you cannot stream live TV directly from the GTPL app due to rights restrictions.
But you can use the app to control your GTPL set-top box and tune in to live channels on your connected TV.
4. How Do I Login to the GTPL App if I Forget My Account PIN?
You will need to contact GTPL customer service to reset your account PIN.
They will verify your account information and help set up a new PIN to access the app.
5. Is There a Way to Limit App Access for Kids’ Profiles?
Yes, the GTPL app has robust parental control settings. You can restrict access to channels, filter content based on ratings, and hide adult titles from kids.
Enable restrictions under “Settings” > “Parental Controls”.
6. Can I Restart My GTPL Set-Top Box using the App?
Yes, the GTPL remote app provides the ability to reboot your set-top box remotely. Under “Settings”, tap “Restart Box” and confirm to restart your GTPL device.