Recharging your GTPL broadband plan is easy and can be done through multiple methods. GTPL offers prepaid and postpaid broadband plans, so the recharge process differs slightly depending on which plan you have.
This guide will walk you through the step-by-step process to recharge both prepaid and postpaid GTPL broadband connections.
Prepaid Broadband Recharge
If you have a prepaid GTPL broadband connection, you will need to manually recharge your account to continue using the internet service.
Here are the steps to recharge prepaid GTPL broadband:
Check Account Balance
The first step is to check your account balance to see if you need a recharge. You can check your prepaid broadband balance using any of these methods:
- Log in to your GTPL broadband account on the GTPL website or mobile app
- Call GTPL customer support at GTPL customer care number
- Check balance via SMS by sending “BAL” to 57575
This will display your available prepaid balance. If it is low or expired, you will need to recharge soon.
Choose a Recharge Amount
GTPL offers a variety of prepaid broadband plans ranging from ₹399 to ₹1899 for 1-6 months. Select a recharge amount that suits your usage and budget. Higher value recharges often come with extra data benefits. You can check GTPL broadband plans to find the right pack.
The easiest way to recharge your GTPL prepaid broadband is online via the website or mobile app:
- On the GTPL website, login to your account, go to Payments > Make a Prepaid Payment and select your recharge amount to proceed.
- On GTPL mobile app, go to the Recharge section and choose your recharge pack. Complete payment.
You can use credit cards, debit cards, net banking, and UPI to recharge online. The updated balance will reflect instantly.
To recharge offline, you can visit the nearest GTPL broadband office or retail outlet. Pay your recharge amount via cash, cheque, or card and you will receive an acknowledgment slip. The recharged amount can take up to 24 hours to reflect in your broadband account.
Some offline recharge options are:
- GTPL Service Center – Visit and pay at GTPL broadband office
- Retail Outlets – Pay at retail stores like Vijay Sales, Croma, Reliance Digital, etc.
- Paytm – Generate a recharge code on Paytm and make payment at a physical store
This completes the prepaid GTPL broadband recharge process. If you face any issues, contact GTPL customer support.
Postpaid Broadband Recharge
For postpaid GTPL broadband connections, recharges happen automatically each month. But you can still make manual recharge payments in certain cases.
Check Billing Date
Firstly, verify your monthly broadband billing date by:
- Checking account summary on the GTPL website/app
- Calling GTPL customer support
- Referring to the latest bill copy
Your monthly rentals are auto-debited on this date every month.
Make Additional Payment (Optional)
You can voluntarily recharge your postpaid GTPL broadband account to add extra validity:
- On the GTPL website/app, go to Payments > Make a Postpaid Payment
- Select the recharge amount and complete payment via online mode
- Extra validity will be added to your account from the next billing cycle
This is useful if you will be traveling and want to maintain validity.
If your auto-debit fails due to insufficient funds or other issues, your account will fall into a grace period. During this time, you can manually recharge to restore services:
- Recharge online on the GTPL website/app for the fastest restoration
- Visit the GTPL service center for recharge via cash, cheque, card
- If not restored, services will be terminated after the grace period
So ensure your billing method is updated to avoid missed payments. You can also pay your GTPL bill online easily.
Recharge Status and Updates
To check the status of your GTPL broadband recharge:
- Login to your account on the website/app and view your payment history
- Check the account balance to see updated validity and data
- Wait up to 24 hours for offline recharges to reflect
This confirms whether your recharge was successful. You can even set up low-balance alerts on the GTPL app to stay updated.
In this way, keeping your GTPL broadband recharged is quick and straightforward. Prepaid connections require periodic manual recharges while postpaid plans offer the convenience of automated monthly payments.
Follow the appropriate steps to recharge based on your broadband plan.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to Check GTPL Broadband Balance?
You can check your broadband balance by logging into your account on the GTPL website/app or sending an SMS “BAL” to 57575.
Alternatively, you can also call GTPL customer support to get account balance details.
2. What are the GTPL Broadband Recharge Packs?
GTPL offers a variety of prepaid recharge packs from ₹399 (30 days) to ₹1899 (6 months). Higher-value recharges offer more data benefits. Postpaid plans start at ₹699 per month.
3. Where Can I Recharge GTPL Broadband Offline?
You can recharge your GTPL broadband at their service centers, retail outlets like Vijay Sales & Croma, and via Paytm stores by generating a recharge code.
4. How to Link GTPL Broadband Bill Payment Offers?
To avail of offers on bill payments, you need to link your credit/debit card on the GTPL website/app. The offers will automatically apply on auto-pay via that card.
5. What if GTPL Broadband Auto-Payment Fails?
If your auto-payment fails, an account will go into a grace period. Recharge immediately via online/offline methods to restore services before termination.
Also, update your billing method.