Moving homes or switching broadband providers? Canceling your GTPL broadband connection and service is easy when you know the steps.
This guide will walk you through canceling GTPL broadband service with minimal hassle.
GTPL (Gujarat Telelink Private Limited) offers cable TV, broadband, and landline services across Gujarat.
With over 6 lakh customers, GTPL is one of the largest cable and broadband providers in the state.
However, there may come a time when you need to disconnect your GTPL broadband service. You may be relocating or want to switch to another internet service provider.
Terminating your GTPL broadband is not difficult if you follow the proper cancellation process.
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to cancel GTPL broadband service smoothly:
Notify GTPL of Cancellation
The first step is informing GTPL that you wish to disconnect your broadband service. You need to intimate GTPL at least 30 days before your next billing cycle.
There are two ways to notify GTPL about the cancellation:
Call Customer Care
The easiest option is to call GTPL customer care at 1800-233-0001.
Inform the representative that you want to disconnect your broadband service. Provide details like your GTPL account number, name, and registered address.
The customer care executive will try to retain you by offering deals and discounts. Be firm about your decision to cancel the connection.
They will initiate the disconnection process after obtaining your consent.
Submit Cancellation Request Online
You can also submit the broadband disconnection request online. Follow these steps:
- Go to the GTPL self-care portal.
- Log in using your GTPL broadband account credentials.
- Go to the “Terminate Services” section.
- Select “Broadband” service and click on “Raise Termination Request”.
- Fill in the details like reason for disconnection and date of closure.
- Read through the Terms & Conditions and click on “Confirm Termination Request”.
GTPL will send a confirmation of your cancellation request via email and SMS. The disconnection process will be initiated after 30 days from the request date.
Return Modem and Other Equipment
After raising the termination request, you need to return any devices or equipment provided by GTPL. This includes:
- Broadband modem
- ONT box
- Optical fiber cable
- Any other accessories
You can visit the nearest GTPL service center and hand over the items. Obtain a return receipt from the representative as proof.
Returning the equipment on time is important to avoid any pending dues or late fees.
GTPL may charge for the devices if you fail to return them within the stipulated period after disconnection.
Pay the Final Bill and Closure Charges
GTPL will send the final bill to your registered address or email ID. The final bill will include:
- Prorated charges for days used in the last billing cycle.
- Any applicable taxes.
- Closure and equipment handling fees.
The closure fees are usually around Rs. 300. Clear all pending dues and make the final payment before the due date.
You can pay your GTPL bill online for convenience. Keep the payment receipt for future reference.
GTPL will terminate your broadband service and deactivate your account once the final bill is settled.
Alternatives to Switch To
Once your GTPL broadband disconnection is complete, you may want to sign up with another internet service provider. Here are some popular alternatives in Gujarat to consider:
- Airtel – Offers fiber broadband plans up to 1 Gbps speed.
- JioFiber – Provides high-speed broadband through fiber-optic network. Plans up to 1 Gbps are available.
- BSNL – State-owned provider offering broadband via landline and fiber. Speeds up to 100 Mbps. You can compare BSNL and GTPL internet here.
- Hathway – Leading cable and broadband company providing plans up to 200 Mbps.
- Tata Sky Broadband – Satellite TV brand providing reliable fiber internet. Good coverage across Gujarat.
- You Broadband – Plans with speeds up to 300 Mbps using a fiber network.
Remember to compare the plans, speeds, FUP limits, pricing, and coverage before choosing your next broadband operator.
Checking your GTPL internet speed can help assess performance too.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some common queries about canceling a GTPL broadband connection:
1. Can I disconnect GTPL broadband online?
Yes, you can submit the broadband disconnection request through the GTPL self-care portal. However, calling customer care is the quickest way to initiate the termination process.
2. What is the process if I’m moving to a new house?
Inform GTPL about your relocation and submit a cancellation request for the old address. You can sign up for a new connection at the new address as a fresh customer.
3. Are there any cancellation or disconnection charges?
GTPL does not have any cancellation fee. You only need to pay the final bill including usage charges, taxes, and closure fees of around Rs. 300.
4. Can I cancel GTPL broadband within the contract period?
Yes, you can terminate GTPL broadband anytime. But if you are under a long-term plan, you may have to pay pending monthly fees as per your contract.
5. How much time does GTPL take to disconnect broadband after request?
It takes around 30 days from the date you raise a disconnection request for GTPL to terminate the broadband service.
6. What if I don’t return the modem and other equipment?
Failing to return the ONT, router, fiber wires, etc. can lead to charges deducted from your security deposit. Return them within the stipulated period to avoid penalties.
7. Will my GTPL broadband disconnection affect other services?
Disconnecting GTPL broadband will only terminate your internet service. Your cable TV and landline connection will continue unless you request to close them as well.
8. Can I resume GTPL broadband after disconnecting?
Yes, you can start GTPL broadband again by applying for a new connection. Some reactivation charges may apply to the new connection.
Terminating your GTPL broadband connection is easy if you notify them properly and return the equipment on time.
Pay your final bill dues and account closure charges to complete the disconnection process.
With this handy guide, you can smoothly disconnect GTPL broadband and switch to a new internet service provider.